Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bebot, bebot.

Finally, a day to rest and relax and update my blog!

Last Thursday several of us went to an excellent restaurant called Fusion 9. It had a little bit of everything -- many review websites seem to refer to it as "world cuisine." I'll call it "world delicious." Granted, I'm a very picky eater, but I sampled some fantastic chicken appetizers and ate a great pasta dish (although a bit more spicy than I would've liked). I've also been addicted to french fries, and the fries there made me quite happy. But what REALLY takes the cake there is, well, the brownie -- this exquisite, rich, chocolate brownie that I have never tasted anywhere else. One bite, and I swear my eyes lit up. I've had favorite brownies at Claim Jumper's and Buca di Beppo, but this brownie could possibly beat them all. I would recommend anyone and everyone to go there to try the dessert brownie at the very least. I'm definitely going back sometime before I leave.

After dinner, we tried out a lounge called The F Bar. The cover was 1000 Rs per couple, which was a little more expensive than I would've liked, but at least the cover charge goes toward your drinks. To my surprise, there were a ton of other expats there. I kinda wanted to ask where they were from, but of course, a noisy lounge isn't really the best place for that type of conversation.

The music was great. It started out with some good, familiar hip-hop and then eventually transitioned more into more techno/house stuff. I was dancing with a fun bunch -- we did all the classics (the q-tip, the lawn mower, the Roger Rabbit), and we did a few rounds of "guess who I'm imitating." (Yes, it's a bit immature and I made the game up myself, but it's entertaining to people-watch and imitate the inebriated.)

Of course, my favorite part of the night was when they played "Bebot" by the Black Eyed Peas. I'll be honest -- an India nightclub was the last place I expected to hear a Tagalog hip-hop song. That song doesn't even get any airplay in the States! (Or, maybe it does and I just don't get out enough.) In any case, the hyperness took over me, and you know I did my best to represent the Filipinos with my energy and pseudo-rapping. Now if only I really understood Tagalog ....

Good times, and both the restaurant and lounge go on my "recommended" list.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Quote: "But what REALLY takes the cake there is, well, the brownie -- this exquisite, rich, chocolate brownie that I have never tasted anywhere else. One bite, and I swear my eyes lit up."

OMG. I want one.